How Do I Enter As A Racer?
The Jap Drag Series is no-longer an invitational demo-series, but a fully recognised MSA Drag Racing sportsman class. As such, anyone can enter using the process below:
- Class - Decide what class you wish to race in: FWD, Street, Fac Mod or Pro.
- Eligibility - Check you car meets the requirements of the class in the rulebook (Rulebook page here): There are some useful contacts in this document including chassis builders and tech crews who can bring your car up to drag racing specification and check your car over for you. You will also need helmet, boots and firesuit, the specs of which are listed in the rulebook.
- Club Membership - Join a recognised, established drag racing club, such the Santa Pod Racers Club www.eurodragster.com/sprc/ There is also a full list of alternative international clubs on this page: www.eurodragster.com/links/clubs.asp.
- Race Licence - Apply for a race licence from the Motorsports Association. MSA minimum Licence requirement : Non-Race National B, Cost approx: £42 www.msauk.org/custom/asp/home/default.asp.
- Chassis Teching - Finally, if your race car is intended to run quicker than 9.99 seconds on the quarter mile, then it will have to be chassis “teched”. All of the details of how your car should be constructed are within your current rulebook. However, if there are some points you are unsure about either call the SPRC office or one of our recommended chassis/race car builders (see Links page). Once you are sure your vehicle is OK then you can either call one of the technical crew (Geoff Martin, tel no: 01608 674121 or Mark Norton, tel no: 01865 400812, mobile 07881 456314) or come along to a tech day, which are normally held at either Santa Pod Raceway or Shakespeare County Raceway. Once your car has been teched, you will receive a chassis sticker and this will cost you £45 - this is paid only when your car has passed the technical inspection. Don't worry if your car doesn't pass, because the tech people will be able to advise you of any changes that maybe required, and, in most cases, these will be minor.
- Event Entry - Entry is done through the Santa Pod Racer’s Club once all of the above has been satisfied. Drivers must enter each event before the event's official closing date. Four weekend admission tickets are included with each entry.
In 2013 there will be a deposit entry system (except Big Bang), entry for each race will be £50.
Deposit will be lost for non-attendance at an event where an entry form and payment has been submitted unless SPRC has been informed of a cancellation at least 1 day prior to race. Deposit will also be lost for late entry (entry deadline 3 weeks before an event, late entries excepted up to 2 weeks before an event, except Big Bang). Separate entry and payment must be made for each race. Refunding of deposits will be made after the last race of the season.
Entry fees for Round 1 (Big Bang) will be at the full national rate with no refunds.
You can pay by cheque with your entry forms or direct into the account (make sure you put your name and race number in the reference). Cheques should be made payable to SPRC, Bank details are Sort code: 20-45-77, Account no: 90798290.
Download entry forms at www.eurodragster.com/sprc/forms.htm.
Your race number will be your SPRC membership number (you can request specific numbers if they are unused, not 1 to 10).
If you are planning to compete in the Jap Drag Series please also send the following information to us for the Driver Profile pages via the contact form.
- Driver Name
- Team / Company Name - (E.g. AN Racing)
- Website - (team website or key sponsor website)
- Car Make & Model
- Engine Type & Size- (e.g. Inline turbo-charged 4 cyl)
- Transmission Type - (e.g. FWD, 4WD)
- Best Time and Speed
- Car Specs - (as long or short a list as you wish)
- Best Achievements - (e.g. USC 2008 ESC runner-up, Fast Show RWYB Class A winner, Ten Of The Best class winner etc)
- Contact phone number - (for our records, will not be made public)